Wednesday 14 March 2012

Easter Special

While I'm waiting to take possession of the condo I've decide to do a little craft. Now I know that this blog is about my endeavors and discoveries of decorating a living space, but this I just had to share.
We're going to be making finger puppets. Not just any finger puppets but Easter puppets.
Their perfect for on the go parents with little time to create, or for those who aren't as crafty inclined as one would like to emit.
Now you only need 4 things, coloured pipe cleaners, googly eyes, pom poms and a glue gun. 


The pipe cleaners and googly eyes I got from the dollar store (actually $1.25 store now) and the pom poms I got from Micheals. The ones in picture aren't the pom poms I used. I found a bag of 100 for 5.99 so this makes it a very cheap project, which is awesome.
I would just like to point out that you need to be careful of which size of pom poms you buy. Do not and I repeat do not buy the 7 pack they are way to big you need ones that are at least half their size.
The first step is an easy one you want to wrap the pipe cleaners around the tip of your finger, making it larger at the base and smaller at the top. Like so..



I suggest wrapping them tightly, that way you can stretch them out if need be. not to tight though or your finger will fall off, making finger puppets a mute point.
Next were going to put the pom poms on. they will go at the small end of your finger puppet. These are going to be the head of our puppets they can be any colour you want. I found that its a little tricky to get them on perfectly straight.
After this its fairly simple just glue the eyes on cut the pipe cleaner into inch sections to make wings for the chicks and ears for the bunnies. Also (this is optional) you can cut little pieces of pipe cleaner for the noses or beaks.
And Voila!!!!

My Nephew is going to love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment